TREE CLIMBING AT MARKS HALL GARDENS AND ARBORETUM WITH THE GREAT BIG TREE CLIMBING COMPANY – 18th June 2017
Date: Sunday 18th June 2017, 10:00am to 6:00pm
THIS IS NOW SOLD OUT, PLEASE SEE EVENTS PAGE FOR ALTERNATE DATES.
We’re delighted to be offering a series of tree climbing events this year! This is the second year we have held this type of event here at Marks Hall. The Great Big Tree Climbing Co are coming to the Arboretum on:
Saturday 27 May
Sunday 28 May
Sunday 18 June
Saturday 5 August
Saturday 26 August
It promises to be an exciting outdoor adventure activity, and gives a unique opportunity to get up close with some of the amazing trees we have here at Marks Hall.
Two highly skilled and friendly instructors can help all ages reach new heights. They will teach you how to enter a tree’s canopy using ropes, knots and karabiners, whilst being securely attached in a harness at all times. Once at the top of the tree you will gain an experience which can’t be found on the ground whilst hanging out in the canopy. All climbers will have constant supervision from instructors and will be instructed throughout the climb. Each session is run for up to 8 people, creating a unique and intimate experience.
Tickets are only for sale here on our website, and are offered on a first come, first served basis. You must select the time slot that you wish to be climbing the tree, and are required to arrive on site 45 minutes before that time.
There are some important points to note as follows:
- Participants must be aged 6 years or over, and it is also suitable for adults. We encourage the whole family to participate.
- Each session lasts for one hour, and costs £20 per person.
- Participants must report to the Visitor Centre on arrival. Parking is available at the Visitor Centre.
- The tree that has been selected is situated in Robins Grove, and is a reasonable distance from the Visitor Centre. All participants MUST be on site 45 minutes ahead of the time they have booked their climb.
- All participants under 16 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Each climbing place booked allows the participant and one accompanying adult free access to the Arboretum on the day of your climb.
- All climbers are supplied with harnesses and helmets and have a full safety briefing and clear instruction on how to ascend the tree before setting off. This doesn’t take long at all and the team are there helping them all the way!
- The climbing technique does require you to have a reasonable level of strength in your lower and upper body. The majority of work is done with your legs but participants are required to be active and healthy. The climbing team is able to help children who struggle but adults who are unable to carry out the technique will not be pulled up by our instructors.
- This event is run by The Great Big Tree Climbing Company (TGBTC). Climbing is weather-dependent and all climbing is at the discretion of TGBTC. If there are severe weather conditions that may affect your safety and wellbeing, or other unforeseen circumstances, the session will be postponed or cancelled at no cost to you.
- If you wish to cancel your booking please contact the Visitor Centre on 01376 563796 at least 48 hours before the activity start time. You will receive a full refund less an administration charge of £5.00. If the customer cancels the activity within 48 hours of the activity start time, full payment will be taken.
- If you don’t turn up to the event, no refund will be offered.
- If you or your child has a disability or learning difficulties, please contact The Great Big Tree Climbing Company directly to have a chat to establish whether these activities are suitable, 0800 0556760.
For further information, please see the FAQs on The Big Tree Climbing Company website:
This is a fundraising event for Marks Hall Gardens and Arboretum
Each slot is for one hour and there are 8 climbing lines, meaning 8 climbers are on the tree at any one time. The sessions available as are follows:
You are booking tickets for Tree Climbing - 18th June 2017